It’s back to school time! That not only means many stay at home parents are looking for work at home jobs to fill their days and bank accounts, it also means the holidays are just around the corner. This time of year we always see a big recruiting rush from many companies that hire remote workers.
If you are looking for a company that will allow you to work remotely, here are 101 options to get you started. I can’t guarantee these companies are hiring at the moment, but you can definitely keep an eye on them. And be sure to check out FlexJobs for high quality, researched remote jobs.
Moderators manage user-generated content on a client’s website or social media profile. You may be approving or deleting blog comments, answering questions in a forum, policing a chat room and more. Want to start your own social media manager business? Check out How to Start a Part-Time Social Media Business.
Freelance Writers & Editors
The internet wouldn’t be what it is today without tons and tons of useful content. Someone needs to write and edit it. That could be you provided you have excellent grammar and research skills. Want to start your own freelance writing business? Check out 30 Days or Less to Freelance Writing Success.
- Demand Studios
- Online Writing Jobs
- Wise Bread
Even nurses can work at home. These positions are primarily triage help desks fielding patient questions.
- Sirona Health
- American International Group (AIG)
- The Hartford
Perhaps the most plentiful and easy to land work at home job is the call center agent. Positions are available for both inbound and outbound calls. A company may hire employees or independent contractors depending on the location and job requirements. Most of these positions do require a quiet work environment. These are best scheduled when the kids are in school or bed.
- Alorica at Home
- Enterprise Rent-a-Car
- Working Solutions
- ACD Direct
- Alpine Access
- Great Virtualworks
- Higher One
- Kelly Services
- Pierce Eislen
- Expert Planet
- Sutherland Cloud Source
Search Engine Evaluators
These unique positions help improve search engine results by analyzing for relevancy and usefulness.
There are many opportunities for teachers to work from home. Potential positions range from tutoring to test scoring to curriculum creation.
- Aim-for-A Tutoring
- Connections Academy
- Pearson Scoring
- Elevate K12
A transcriber turns a spoken file into written text. These files could be speeches, doctor recordings, interviews and more. Want to become a medical transcriptionist? Get the training you need at CareerStep.
- AccuTran Global
- Alice Darling
- Caption Colorado
- Net Transcripts
- Way With Words
While there are many travel business opportunities available, there are also a few of the best remote jobs here as well. Most require travel agent experience.
- American Express
- American Airlines – must live within 75 miles of Fort Worth, TX
- World Travel Holdings
- Travel with the Magic
The tasks for this online position can vary greatly. You may be appointment setting, researching, making phone calls on your client’s behalf and more. Pay can also run the gamut based on the complexity of the job and expertise required. Want to start your own Virtual Assistant business? Learn to jumpstart your Virtual Assistant career.
Click here to find out how you can earn $1,000 per month on your own terms.
New to The Work at Home Wife?
Working at home successfully is all about maximizing your online time for profits. If you are new to my site, I highly recommend the below opportunities and resources.
- Ebates – I love, love, love Ebates. It’s not unusual for me to earn $300 to $1,000 per month in cash back bonuses and referring my friends. And, the program is free! They will even give you a $10 gift card just for signing up.
- Swagbucks – This program has come a long way from its earn-for-search beginning. Today you can earn SB for completing surveys, watching videos and more. Redeem your SB (aka Swagbucks) for cash or gift cards. (Members redeem approximately 7,000 gift cards per day!) Get a $5 signup bonus when you earn 2500 SB in your first 3 months.
- Inbox Dollars - If you love surveys, don't miss this one. It's totally legit and they offer a $5 signup bonus.
- Start a Blog – Blogging is what pays my bills these days. It’s not too difficult to start a blog on the side and it’s not expensive either. Learn how you can get your first month of hosting for only a penny in the above link. Already have a blog? Learn 7 Surefire Ways to Increase Your Income here.
- FlexJobs – This is my go-to job board for high-quality job leads. The listings are always researched and always telecommute. No scams!