When it comes to at-home jobs, there are some companies that hire remote staff more often than others. If you are looking to get hired quickly, this is often a good place to focus your search.
FlexJobs recently analyzed over 49,000 companies. Through that data, they compiled a list of 100 companies that have had the most job positions openings in 2017 offering some measure of remote capacity.
* Companies with an asterisk are FlexJobs Featured Companies. These are companies that post job listings directly to the FlexJobs job board and have been personally vetted by FlexJobs staff. These are companies that frequently hire at-home agents.
Please note that the most recent openings are reserved for FlexJobs members. You won't be able to see the most current job listings unless you are logged in. Use code WAHWIFE to receive a discount on new memberships.
100 Legit Work-From-Home Companies
- Cambly – This is an increasingly popular opportunity among remote workers. Work as an online tutor, teaching English as a second language.
- Appen* – A few of the most popular positions with Appen include search engine evaluator and ad evaluator. The work is flexible and no phone is required.
- Conduent* – customer service positions (possibly data entry positions as well)
- Rev* – This company specializes in transcription and captioning with a fast turnaround. They are open to beginners.
- Liveops* – One of the leaders in the customer service industry.
- TTEC*- This is an outsourcing company based in Englewood, Colorado. Their job listings run the gamut from call center to executive positions.
- Amazon* – These are highly-coveted remote call center positions. Many start out as temporary, seasonal, but can turn into full-time, permanent. These are employees positions! Benefits are available.
- SYKES* – Call center positions
- Dell* – Sales & tech support
- Working Solutions* – Customer service & sales in a wide variety of industries ranging from travel to tech to ticketing.
- LanguageLine Solutions* – Translators & interpreters
- Kelly Services* – This company not only has several accolades from FlexJobs but has also been ranked one of the top trusted companies by Forbes. Jobs range from accounting to customer service to writing and beyond.
- Intuit* – This ever-expanding company hires at-home tax support.
- UnitedHealth Group* – If you have a healthcare background, this is definitely one to look into.
- Williams-Sonoma* – Frequently hires at-home customer service reps
- Aetna* – healthcare positions
- Cactus Communications* – writing, editing, translation positions
- Kaplan* – test prep positions
- BroadPath Healthcare Solutions* – healthcare positions
- Hilton* – customer service
- Commonwealth of Virginia – government support positions
- Leidos – This is a company offering business services to the security and engineering industries. It’s considered a military-friendly company. Past job listings range from content strategist to admin assistant and attorney to business analyst.
- Robert Half International* – This company offers a large number of telecommuting positions in a variety of fields.
- K12* – online teachers and counselors
- Anthem, Inc.* – healthcare
- Salesforce* – award-winning company with a large number of telecommute positions at any given time
- ADP* – past remote jobs include sales executive, retirement plan advisor and more
- BCD Travel – travel company with many telecommute positions
- Humana*- healthcare industry
- Xerox* – Remote workforce is over 8,000 strong around the world
- Thermo Fisher Scientific* – jobs listings include HR, accounting, business development and beyond
- SAP* – sales, marketing, finance and more
- Connections Education* – division of Pearson offering K12 education services
- PRA Health Sciences – healthcare industry
- Appirio* – remote-friendly employer
- Sutherland* – customer service positions
- VocoVision – teletherapy positions
- Vivint Smart Home – tech support/call center
- CSRA – a military-friendly consulting company with positions in the defense, civil and homeland security fields
- Sodexo* – a worldwide company with a focus on improving life
- Wells Fargo* – frequently hiring with positions ranging from entry level to executive
- AFIRM* – employee and independent contractor positions available
- Grand Canyon University – GCU* – online education institution
- World Travel Holdings* – travel industry positions
- Nielsen* – analyst and client manager positions
- Toyota* – consultant and analyst positions, occasionally customer service
- PAREXEL* – a biopharmaceutical company
- VMware* – division of Dell with a lot of openings currently
- CyraCom – translators and interpreters
- Magellan Health* – healthcare industry positions
- nThrive* – healthcare payment solution, recent job leads include coders, registry specialist and more
- First Data* – recent job listings include consultant, sales executive, and salesperson
- Teradata* – analyst and consultant positions
- Carlson Wagonlit Travel – business travel company
- Fiserv – information management company
- Haynes & Company* – market research positions
- Covance* – drug development business
- Cornerstone OnDemand – software development company offering analyst, consulting and sales positions
- Enterprise Holdings* – rental car company with a large demand for at-home call center reps
- Edmentum – educational solutions hiring telecommute teachers
- A Place for Mom* – senior living referral services
- BELAY* – frequently hiring virtual assistants and virtual bookkeepers
- ACTIVE Network – customer service positions
- Gartner – a technology company with frequently at-home executive positions
- Worldpay* – global payment processor with recent accounting and sales openings
- Hibu – digital marketing company
- TEKsystems – information technology company
- The Hartford – claims and client service positions
- ServiceNow*- cloud-based information technology services
- Adobe – recent openings for account managers & customer success managers
- Real Staffing* – freelance positions
- Western Governors University* – evaluators & instructors
- Alight Solutions – recent openings include sales executive and project managers
- McKesson Corporation* – wide variety of positions in the healthcare industry
- American Express* – most frequently virtual travel consultants
- Direct Interactions* – customer support positions
- Philips* – a large number of telecommuting management positions recently
- Crawford & Company – insurance and risk management-related positions
- Walden University – online teaching positions
- WeightNot* – online weight loss coaches and specialists
- JPMorgan Chase – banking and financial positions
- SecureWorks – IT security systems
- PPD – Pharmaceutical Product Development* – pharmaceutical company
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt* – education company frequently hiring for sales, support and content creation
- JLL – Jones Lang LaSalle* – investment management and commercial real estate company
- State of Washington – telecommute positions in the health industry
- EXL* – offering business process solutions, recent positions include consultants and insurance specialists
- Chamberlain University – nursing education
- Cigna* – healthcare industry positions
- University System of Maryland – USM* – online education positions
- GreatAuPair* – hiring at-home childcare coordinators
- CVS Health* – frequently hiring for remote positions in the healthcare support industry
- Merck – global pharmaceuticals company
- Amgen – recently hiring for district sales and healthcare specialists
- Pearson* – education services
- IT Pros* – IT staffing and recruitment agency
- HD Supply* – wholesale distribution company, sales and account manager positions
- State of Florida – occasionally has telecommute positions in the civil service industries
- NCH Corporation* – most recent positions include sales and district managers
Fastest Growing Work-at-Home Categories
There are a few remote career categories that are on the rise:
Therapy – More and more jobs are popping up for therapists. These can range from speech pathologists to social workers and beyond. This is great news for those who love helping those with mental or physical ailments but want the freedom and flexibility that comes with working from home.
Virtual Administration – The term virtual assistant can include so many things, it’s no wonder this field continues to grow. Whether you are looking to land an entry-level position or want to put your executive assistant experience to use, there’s a position out there for you.
Client Services – Customer service is where many telecommuting newcomers begin. It’s where I got my start. Over the past 10 years, this field has continued to grow and includes everything from phone-based basic customer service to email and chat positions to dealing with complex customer service issues.
Tutoring – This field is truly booming. Whether tutoring students online in traditional classroom subjects like math and science or teaching English as a second language, openings are on the rise.