It’s time for enrollment of Work-At-Home School to roll around again. This will be the 3rd year for this massive collaboration of work-at-home resources. I wanted to talk a little bit about whether it’s a good opportunity for you.
What is Work-at-Home School?
Work-at-Home School was founded by Caitlin Pyle over at Proofread Anywhere in 2018. It was meant to be a one-stop-shop for those ready to take the remote work world by storm. The school features curriculum from several successful freelancers and online content creators. These are people practicing what they preach. They have started their own successful businesses in the industries they are teaching about.
One thing that makes Work-at-Home School different from other online courses is that you don’t need to decide on just one trajectory at this time. Opportunities to learn about several in-demand industries will be made available to you under one virtual roof.
You can learn how to offering proofreading, transcription, virtual assistant, social media marketing services – and more – for the price of one enrollment.
What does it include?
Every year, the lineup at Work-At-Home School might change a bit. For 2020, over 35 courses are included and cover a variety of online business options and resources to help your home business succeed.
As you will see, there are some very trusted courses included that can help you start a freelance business as a:
- Pinterest VA
- Virtual Assistant
- Online Reseller
- Audiobook Narrator
- Affiliate Marketer
- And more
A lot of these may sound familiar. They are courses I refer to a lot.
- Caitlin Pyle's Transcript Proofreading: Theory and Practice™ (TPTP) Modules 1 & 2 – 30-day access ($197 value)
- Julie Eickhoff's Introduction to becoming an Audiobook Narrator ($49 value)
- Jennifer Thome's Turnkey Translator ($297 value)
- Monica Louie's 5 Days to Profitable Facebook Ads for Bloggers ($79 value)
- Lisa London's BANISH Your Bookkeeping Nightmares ($14.96 value)
- Beth Learn's Walking as a Workout ($89.97 value)
- Ashley Gainer's Freelance Writing from A to Z ($149 value)
- Carey & Demir Bentley's F.A.S.T Focus And Control Time Mastery ($497 value)
- Claire Diaz-Ortiz's Work by Design Summit All Access Pass ($67 value)
- Cloris Kylie's Niche Influencer Training program ($497 value)
- Dan Cumberland's Job Fit Crash Course ($127 value)
- Gina Horkey's Jumpstart Your Virtual Assistant Career eBook ($29 value)
- Hahna Latonick's The Freelance Developer Jumpstart ($197 value)
- Janet Shaughnessy's General Transcription: Theory & Practice Level 1 – 30-day access ($127 value)
- Julie Stoian's Create Your Laptop Life™ Network ($588 value)
- Kelly George's Zero to Homeschool ($87 value)
- Matt Astifan's Ultimate Facebook Profits ($49 value)
- Peter Valley's The Weird System I Discovered To Run An Amazon Business From A Starbucks Patio”: A system to find cheap books on Amazon, and resell them back on Amazon for a profit ($97 value)
- Rob & Melissa Stephenson's Flipper University ($189 value)
- Sagan Morrow's Goodbye 9-to-5 ($249 value)
- Marc Guberti's Productivity Virtual Summit All Access pass ($127 value)
- Eileen Wilder's Ultimate Confidence Course ($37 value)
- Brittany Bullen's Video Marketing Quick Start Guide ($147 value)
- Michelle Schroeder-Gardner's The Beginner's Guide To Affiliate Marketing ($99 value)
- Hilary Sutton's Get Your Dream Off the Ground: 21-Day eCourse ($149 value)
- Maia Xiong's Pinterest VA Primer ($97 value)
- Brittany Long's Funnel Building Basics ($197 value)
- Esther Inman's Remote Resume Blueprint Bundle ($80 value)
- Yara Golden's 15 Day Subscriber Reviver Challenge ($47 value)
- Brittany Bayley's Teaser Email Copy Masterclass ($197 value)
- Kristen Ingram's Small Biz Bootcamp ($97 value)
- Yael Bendahan's The VIP Client Formula ($197 value)
- Brad McOwen's Building a Website: How Conquer Your Digital Real estate ($449 value)
- Abbi Perets' Double Your Freelance Income ($497 value)
- Lauren Golden's The Quick Start Freelance Success Kit ($247 value)
- Julia Taylor's Learn to Code + WordPress + Geekpack ($497 value)
- Danielle Gagnon's Seller Success Challenge ($97 value)
Some great bonuses are also included this year:
- The Work-At-Home School Student Group (Value $297)
- The Work-At-Home Survival Guide (Value $17)
- The Money Mindset Transformation Guide And Workshop (Value $147)
- The Work-At-Home Truth Bombs EBook (Value $7)
- 365-Day Access To The Work-At-Home Summit (Value $97)
- The Get Started Blueprint (Value $47)
The total value of this package is over $7,500.
What Work-At-Home School Is Not
Work-At-Home School is very much centered around starting your own freelance business. It is not meant to help you find an employee position in the traditional sense of, for example, getting a remote customer service position at Amazon or Alorica. The courses included will teach you the skills needed to go out and find clients of your own. If you have no desire to be your own boss, this may not be the right resource for you.
Is this the right time?
We have all been experiencing a lot of uncertainty lately. Looking back on my own work-at-home journey, I entered the remote workforce full-time in 2007. This was after going through a couple of years of layoffs at my 9-to-5 job. I had been diligently trying to find another job for at least a year, unsuccessfully. It was then I decided that my future couldn’t be left in the hands of someone else. If someone was going to decide when/if I was going to work, it should be me.
One thing I have learned over the past 13 years is that opportunities will always exist for those willing to invest – not only money, but more importantly time and energy – into learning in-demand skills. There may be a lot more competition for entry-level virtual assistants looking for only typing or email jobs, but those with specialized skills can break free from the pack.
Will Work-at-Home School work for me?
One other thing I have learned during my online tenure is that some people will succeed and some people won’t. What’s the determining factor? The people looking for magic beans to solve their problems often don’t get far.
Simply enrolling in Work-at-Home School isn’t going to give you magic powers and an endless supply of clients. You have to put in the work.
You can’t simply start a bunch of these courses, you need to finish them.
You can’t simply scan through the lessons, you need to implement what you learn.
You are responsible for your success or failure. But the resources and support you need are available if you are ready to roll.
Ready to learn more?