For many of those looking to work from home, getting a regular paycheck rolling in ASAP is the top priority. You don’t have time to wait for a passive income idea to start generating cash. You may not even have the luxury of having money in the bank while you wait for a company like Appen Butler Hill that pays only monthly.
For that reason, we are focusing on work from home jobs that pay weekly. These side hustles will keep you in regular cash. And the jobs listed below pay a decent wage for those of you interested in earning more than $10 a day online.
Call Center Jobs
Work-at-home customer service jobs can be extremely varied. One company may hire at-home agents to take incoming sales or tech support calls. The next company may want some to set appointments or talk to people about political issues.
What is consistent is that you will likely need a newer computer, probably a landline and most certainly high-speed internet. And, obviously, great people skills.
While phone work isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, if you are looking for immediate and consistent income you should strongly consider it. There are more jobs available in this industry than any other and many offer paid training and a regular schedule of hours.
- A Better Call – High-level B2B telemarketing positions paying a base rate plus commission, experience is required
- Accolade Support – currently hiring for temporary customer service, sales and tech support positions, pay is per minutes plus bonuses with many agents stating they earn around $10 per hour
- Blue Zebra – hires appointment setters and virtual assistants, pay starts at $15 to $25 per hour with regular raises based on performance
- Brighten Communications – appointment setting and lead generation, pay starts at $12 per hour plus bonuses, minimum hourly commitment of 20 hours per week
- InfoCision – open to residents of Ohio and West Virginia recruiting volunteers for non-profits, minimum commitment of 28 hours per week
- MaritzCX – consumer interviews
- NextWave – offers outbound political calls or writing opportunities, pay is over $10 per hour
- NexusOp – hires at-home agents for sales and customer service support, pay starts at $10 per hour
- OnPoint@Home – very similar to NextWave in that you are making political calls or writing letters based on those calls to representatives on the caller’s behalf, pay is hourly, project-based and requires a minimum weekly commitment of 24 hours
- Westat – Telephone Data Collectors is the position available to those wanting to work from home, starting pay is around $8.25 per hour
Online Tutoring Jobs
Don’t shove aside online tutoring jobs just because you don’t have a teaching certificate. Many sites, especially those in the English as a Second Language industry, don’t require a certificate nor any experience. A lot of times you are just video chatting with someone in a foreign land helping them learn conversational English.
- Cambly – pays $.17 per minute which equals $10.20/hour tutoring English as a Second Language, no experience required
- Chegg – according to Glassdoor the typical tutor salary is $20 per hour, work when you want
- NiceTalk – teaching certificate preferred, pay is $10 per hour, pay is weekly with a $20 minimum threshold
Let’s be honest, Google doesn’t always get it right. That’s where search engine evaluators and ad raters come in. They take a look at search results and decide whether what is being shown are the best options. My readers love this type of work, but it can be project-based, limited hours and/or inconsistent. Take it while you can get it.
- Leapforce – rate search engine ads for relevancy and quality, flexible schedule, pay is around $13-$15 per hour
Transcription is basically taking an audio file and turning it into text format. You will need a keen ear and excellent typing skills. While the good-paying gigs usually require experience, the below sites pay decent and offer a place to start and hone your skills.
- Babbletype – transcribing market research, pay averages out to around $10 per hour
- Rev.com – pay is $.40 – $.65 per audio minute which isn’t great, but no experience is required
- TranscribeMe – earnings start at $15 per audio hour with better rates available to those with specialized backgrounds, no experience needed
Most freelancers are paid only monthly. I did spot one opportunity for new virtual assistants that pays weekly.
- Virtual Office VA – starting pay is $9 per hour
Website testing is another one of my community’s favorite ways to extra money online. The work isn’t consistent, so it should just be considered a side gig. However, it can pay pretty well considering most tests take just 20 minutes to complete.