When you want to stay up-to-date on the latest and greatest in social media, follow the trends, or learn new techniques and strategy from the experts, there’s no better way than podcasts. Podcasts have grown in popularity over the years for a variety of reasons. One being that you can listen anywhere you want. You can listen during your daily commute, while doing laundry and household chores, or while carpooling the kids to activities. I personally enjoy a little Stitcher sound while on the treadmill at the gym.
If you’re not currently listening to any social media podcasts, there is no better time than now to get started. Here are some picks for the top podcasts about social media and online marketing to get you started:
1. Social Media Marketing Podcast – From Michael Stelzner of Social Media Examiner, this is the go-to source for all things social media. Michael will help you navigate your business through all the confusing spaces of the social media jungle and also brings you information about the latest trends, changes in the industry and more. You can learn new strategies and will always gain actionable tips that you can apply to your social media efforts today. Updates weekly. Show notes found at http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/podcast/
2. Social Media Social Hour Podcast – Here you can learn about social media marketing, content marketing, Facebook and Instagram specific tips and more. You get all this weekly from Tyler Anderson, a social media entrepreneur who really knows his stuff. You can learn about all the networks and get real-world tips and techniques in this one-session that you can immediately apply to your own social campaigns.
3. Social Pros Podcast: Real People Doing Real Work in Social Media – There are many social media experts out there and a great number of them use podcasts as a way to reach their audience. That said, sometimes you just want some information from the real people who are working in social media, versus the social media “celebrities”. That’s exactly what you’re going to get from this podcast.
4. Online Marketing Made Easy with Amy Porterfield – Amy made herself well known in the social media podcasting space from the very beginning. Her program and her shows about Facebook ads and marketing are especially popular. Amy’s podcast will help you break down the social media tasks you need to do in a manageable fashion, so it seems easier and you have the exact steps needed to do it.
5. Build Your Tribe with Chalene Johnson – Here’s someone who didn’t even start out in the social media sphere. Chalene was mostly known for her popular Beach Body DVD series but what you probably don’t know is that she is also a business coach and social media expert. She learned how to leverage the power of social media to boost her business in big ways and in her podcast, she tells you how you can do it too.
6. Lacy Boggs – Lacy has a brand new podcast called P.S. You’ve Got This. She has some really awesome ladies joining her to discuss topics like creating sales funnels, using webinars to grow your business and more. These are some really hot topics! Catch the podcast on iTunes or Stitcher.
7. Social Media Marketing Happy Hour – This one was rated the #1 Value Packed Podcast for Entrepreneurs by Entrepreneur.com. Hosts Dawn Marrs Ortiz & Traci Reuter serve up bite-size – usually 15 minutes – tips several times per week. Get in. Get out. Get on with your day.
8. Brilliant Business Moms – I love Beth Anne and Sarah’s teaching and conversational style. You always feel like a friend. Their podcast doesn’t focus entirely on marketing, but they do have a lot of great ladies they interview to discuss online business and blogging. They almost always get into their favorite marketing platforms and secret tips. I wasn’t able to find this one on iTunes, but you can listen to the replays on their website or on Stitcher.
Now that you have this list of the top podcasts about social media and online marketing, you have something to get you started. You can listen to back episodes and once you’re all caught up, there’s a good chance you will have uncovered even more great business and blogging podcasts along the way. There’s so much wonderful information to be gained, you’re doing yourself a disservice if you miss out. Which one will you start with?