Now that you have your fancy new blog, it’s time to start writing. While you may have 101 posts in your head, there will come a time when you are a loss for words. Shocking, I know! When writer’s block hits, here are a few ideas to get those ideas flowing again.
- Pro tip: How to promote your fashion blog
Beauty & Fashion Blog Post Ideas
- Buy This Not That (knockoffs, or affordable alternatives)
- What I Wore
- Hauls (killer sales you took advantage of and what you bought)
- Wish Lists
- Gift Guides
- DIY Fashion Projects
- Beauty Recipes
- Recreate Celebrity Looks
- Seasonal Trends
- Solutions to Common Problems
- Favorite Stores, Brands or Single Items
- Product Reviews
- Online Sales
- Fashion Events
- Favorite Looks
- Secret Tips
- Personal Stories (Keep It Relevant)
- What’s In Your Closet, Makeup Drawer
- What’s Your Morning/Bedtime Routine
- Empties (Products you love so much you used them down to the last drop)
- Interviews (designers, up-and-coming brands, other bloggers, etc)
- Giveaways (here’s how to get free samples)
- Product Face-Offs
- Guest Posts
- Must-Have Items
- Best Products for (Body Type, Skin Color, Hair Type, etc)
- Worth-the-Splurge Items
- Definitions for Common Industry Terms
Writing Tips and Further Inspiration
Create a blogging schedule. This will not only help with your branding, but it will also ensure you are staying consistent and relevant. You could do Beauty Tip Tuesdays or Fashion Find Fridays. You get the picture.
Set up Google Alerts for your favorite brands or industry news. This will keep you “in the know” so you can pass information on to your readers before anyone else.
Don’t forget evergreen content. While posts about things like sales and seasonal finds are popular, don’t forget about the posts that never go out of date — your blog’s pillar pages. These are the things that will bring in search traffic long-term. Tutorials and How To posts are often times evergreen.
Follow popular blogs. What are they talking about? Share your opinions on the hot topics.