I recently asked some of you what you missed about working “out there.” As much as we talk about how great it is working from home, there are downsides as well. I received a lot more responses than I anticipated. Some answers I expected. Some surprised me.
Some people miss the camaraderie that comes from being part of a team. Some miss adult conversations. Some miss getting dressed up and doing your makeup every day (perhaps why I have way more church clothes than one person probably needs). I miss Friday lunches with my officemates and potlucks.
Working from home can be a lonely place. We don’t have that long-standing Friday lunch date, so don’t make any lunch plans at all for months at a time. We don’t have adult co-workers – or people co-workers – so we don’t feel like we are part of something bigger. We don’t NEED to buy something new for our closets or makeup bags or desks, so we just don’t splurge on ourselves at all.
As we approach the last two months of the year, I thought it would be fun to feature a few little things you can treat yourself to as a reward for all your hard work this year. I’ll make sure you have a good excuse! These things will help you get organized, motivated or inspired. Some might even help you find an online community of people who share your values or aspirations.
The first featured treat is CoachCrate. This is a subscription service featuring items to promote relaxation, productivity, growth and overall well-being. It also comes with a monthly plan of online coaching with materials. Each month has a theme and includes:
- Monthly Coaching Breakdown
- Book with Reading Guide
- 1-3 Exclusive Recorded Online Coaching Sessions
- Additional Coaching Content
- 3-6 Items to Promote Productivity, Relaxation, Growth and Overall Well-being
Watch the Unboxing or see a list of what was included in this box below.
The November theme was “The Journey.” It’s all about Following Your Dreams and Enjoying the Ride.” Very fitting for us work-at-homers!
As soon as my box shipped, I got a little welcome email from CoachCrate letting me know what the monthly theme would be (along with a sneak peek into December’s theme) and an invite to the Facebook Group. This is a great way to stay accountable when it comes to the weekly tasks and get some feedback and support or ask questions.
The box included:
- Book: The Alchemist – This book has sold more than two million copies worldwide. The book description says, “Paulo Coelho’s masterpiece tells the magical story of Santiago, an Andalusian shepherd boy who yearns to travel in search of a worldly treasure as extravagant as any ever found. The story of the treasures Santiago finds along the way teaches us, as only a few stories can, about the essential wisdom of listening to our hearts, learning to read the omens strewn along life’s path, and, above all, following our dreams.” As someone who finds very little joy in reading business books, I love a good story that inspires and teaches life lessons. I can’t wait to read this one. I’d never heard of it before.
- Workbook: The Personal Legend Workbook pairs with your journey through the book and will walk you through the first three weeks of your month. This workbook digs into your passions and purpose in life, how to go after them, and how to keep your stamina up while going for them! There is also an online copy if you prefer typing to paper and pen.
- Personal Legend Candle
- Path & Purpose Guidance Cards
- Guidance Stones
- Tote Bag with the phrase “The beginning is always today.”
This was a really fun box and a great treat for work-at-home entrepreneurs. If you are strictly looking at the cost of the box vs the value of the items in the box, you may overlook what you are really getting. This box is very much about the experience and personal growth. That’s why it comes with online coaching and an actionable workbook after all. As you read through the Monthly Breakdown, you truly get a feel as to how this experience is meant to work. The first week, you may be doing a lot of reading and working through the workbook. The next week, you start taking action. Week three is getting in tune. The month finishes with bringing happiness and gratitude to the forefront.
CoachCrate is currently shipped between the 23rd and 25th of each month so you will be ready to roll with your monthly plan on the 1st. You can choose between 1,3, 6 and 12-month subscription plans. Or choose a one-month gift if you are just looking for a one-time treat. Learn more here.