Are you signed up for Swagbucks yet? If not, you need to head over there right away and get signed up!
I love-love-love Swagbucks, for many reasons. It’s one of my secret weapons for earning extra cash and gift cards that I can use for gift-giving around the holidays and all year long! There are tons of reasons to love Swagbucks, and we’ll go over just a few of those today.
What Is Swagbucks?
Swagbucks is an opportunity to earn extra cash and rewards that has been around for years. This is a legit way to finance your savings and shopping by racking up points throughout the year and cashing them in for cash by PayPal or gift cards that you can use for holiday and birthday gifts.
More specifically, Swagbucks is primarily a search engine — like Google or Bing — so it’s something you can use all day, every day. There’s no limit to how much you can earn with Swagbucks, and they offer tons of earning opportunities beyond searching, too.
How Does Swagbucks Work?
Swagbucks is the name of the company, and it’s also the name of their “points” — you earn swagbucks, or SB, and when you’ve earned enough, you can trade them in.
There are tons of ways to earn Swagbucks, through your regular day-to-day activities and by completing specific online tasks. Their homepage gives you all the different options — just head over there and pick whatever you feel like doing at that moment.
Once you’ve collected your swagbucks, redeem them in the Swagstore for cash, gift cards, and even merchandise.
One of the really nice things about Swagbucks is the payment minimums are not outrageous. Right now, you can get a $5 Amazon gift card for just 450 SB. There’s also Paypal available, which is how you’d trade your swagbucks for cash.
How Do I Earn Swagbucks?
You have so many ways to earn SB — there’s no daily limit, and a ton of options. None require much effort.
- For many people, this is the primary way to earn Swagbucks. Swagbucks offers a search engine. You can set it as your homepage and use it instead of Google. The fun is when you do your search — some searches are randomly awarded swagbucks (sometimes a LOT of swagbucks!) Not every search qualifies, but if you use it regularly, you’ll likely get at least one or two awards each day. They add up quickly! One thing to note about searching on Swagbucks: Once you search, check the search results page immediately. Sometimes you have to type in a verification code before you can get your swagbucks, and there’s a limited time to do so.
- Cash-back shopping. Shop online through Swagbucks and and earn SB every time you make a purchase. It’s similar to what you would do through Ebates. For example, get 3 SB back on every dollar you spend at Amazon. (I like to compare my Ebates cash-back rates with the SB earnings and see which will “earn” me more.)
- Watch Swagbucks TV (aka sponsored videos) to earn swagbucks and learn about what’s going on in the world.
- Play games. Nothing better than earning cash and giftcards for playing games!
- Answer questions from other Swagbucks users in their polling forum.
- Redeem special offers and coupons available exclusively to members. You’ll see these all over the home page, and there are usually some great offers.
- Take surveys and daily polls for Swagbucks.
- Sign up for the Swagbucks VISA Rewards Card and earn SB on every purchase, online or off (a great way to rack up points fast!)
Official Review: Is Swagbucks Worth It?
Many users average 20 to 40 SB per day without much of a time investment. At 30 SB per day, that’s over 10,000 per year. Trade that in for a $100 gift card at Amazon, Petco, Target and more. Not bad!
And the calculation above does not include any SB you’d get from referring your friends. Swagbucks offers a generous referral program — when you refer your friends, you receive 10% of their earnings for life. Some of those getting in on the referral opportunity are earning over $900 in gift cards each year!
Take a look at this woman’s story:
“I used to turn my points in for Amazon g/c’s but for the past few years I turn them in for PayPal mostly. I am disabled and only receive the minimum amount because I was a stay at home parent all my life. SB’s really has made the difference for me. I don’t think I would have it so easy if I didn’t have sb’s to supplement my income. The first couple years I would save for things I wasn’t able to afford. I bought my first flat screen tv with SBs. I also have fixed up my 1994 Bronco on Swagbucks. I bought new wheels and tires, a complete stereo system, and numerous parts for repair.
To date, I have earned well over a million points. Right now my total is 1,077,348 points. Yes, that’s right…I have earned well over $10,000. Go me, go me!! :)” ~ Kathryn P., Florida
How to Maximize Your Swagbucks Earnings
Swagbucks has been around for years now, and there are a few tried-and-true methods to maximize your earnings.
One of the biggest things you can do to boost your SB balance is to install the toolbar. It’s really easy to install, and there are instructions right on the homepage. I love the toolbar because it’s so convenient. It gives you a search window right up at the top of every single browser, so you don’t have to open a new window when you want to search. It’s quick, convenient, and makes it easy to earn more swagbucks every single day.
It also keeps your SB total visible, so you’ll know when it’s time to cash out if you’re aiming for a particular amount.
Another reason to install the toolbar is that it has built-in reminders. Every time you visit an online store that offers swagbucks, you’ll get a reminder across the top of your browser window to activate your swagbucks “cash back” before you buy. This has generated a ton of swagbucks for me, and it’ll do the same for you.
Plus, Swagbucks puts out random free codes a few times a day, and they announce the location of these free codes right on the toolbar. Get a notification every time there’s a free code, and go get yourself some free swagbucks (which are almost like free money!).
These are some of the other ways you can maximize your SB-earning machine:
- Refer your friends. The lifetime earnings really add up!
- Take advantage of special promotions in the cash-back section and the Swagstore. For example, right now when you spend $75 online on Halloween items, you get 14% cash back plus a $5 gift card.
- Print your grocery coupons on Swagbucks. You’ll get more swagbucks every time you buy something with a coupon, plus you’re saving money on groceries. It’s a win-win!
- Always visit Swagbucks before shopping at your favorite online retailers to see if you can get swagbucks for your purchase (or install the toolbar so you’ll get automatically notified when you visit a qualifying online store).
- Take the daily poll, every single day. It takes 10 seconds and you get SB every time.
- Perform a few tasks when you have free time. The nice thing about Swagbucks is they let you know how many minutes a task should take, so you won’t get wrapped up in something that takes longer than you have.
- Follow the Swagbucks blog. Free codes are posted here frequently, and their blog posts are pretty entertaining, too.
- Always purchase your Groupon and LivingSocial deals through Swagbucks. The only thing better than a great deal is doubling up on it!
- Follow Swagbucks on Facebook and Twitter. More free codes!
Why I Love Swagbucks
Swagbucks is a really easy way to earn free gift cards. There’s no wonder they’ve been such a huge hit for so many years. It’s one online company I have been using for years and have never had any issues.
There are no minimum requirements to cash out (as long as you have enough SB for the thing you want to get) and your swagbucks never expire. As your life and the demands on your time change, you can pick it up and leave it alone as you see fit. Your points won’t go away and your account won’t be deactivated. Plus, even if you aren’t an active user, you’ll still be able to rack up referral points. You may get a nice surprise when you log back in after some time away!
Visit Swagbucks to sign up for your free account and start earning those free gift cards for Christmas today.
Free 7-day Series on Finding Work at Home
Join my weekly newsletter to receive remote job leads, work-at-home tips and my 7-day series on finding legitimate work from home FREE!