Prime Day has arrived! This 2-day shopping spree comes around just once per year is a great time to pick up a few deals for your home office and work-at-home life. Here are a few of my choice picks.
Amazon Brand Deals
Audible is a great way to consume those business books while on the go.
• Your own amazing library—keep your audiobooks forever
• Easy exchanges. Don’t love a book? Swap it for free
• No commitment, cancel anytime.
Kindle – If you don’t like listening to your books but still want to avoid the paperbacks, the Kindle Paperwhite is on sale. This is the one that allows for reading in the sunlight. That’s not something easily achieved on most tablets.
– Like Echo Show but with a screen. Echo Show is designed to fit anywhere in your home. Use 2nd generation far-field voice recognition to watch video flash briefings, see music lyrics, weather forecasts, to-do and shopping lists, browse and listen to Audible audiobooks, and more. All hands-free.
was one of the hottest Prime Day purchases of 2017 & 2018. This is a hands-free, voice-controlled device that uses Alexa to play music, control smart home devices, make calls, send and receive messages, provide information, read the news, set music alarms, read audiobooks from Audible, control Amazon Video on Fire TV, and more.
– I just bought two of these a few weeks back. Bummer! .
– This one will probably sell out. With the Fire TV experience built-in, enjoy tens of thousands of channels, apps, and Alexa skills, including Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, and more.
Cool Stuff for the Work-at-Home Crowd
Instant Pot is always a hot seller on Prime Day. This is a great pick for the work-at-home crowd. While people may think we have nothing to do all day but cook lavish 7-course meals, the reality is that just doesn’t happen. Many of us are scrambling to beat the dinner bell just like everyone else. Pressure cookers come in handy come crunch time.
Keurig K-Minibundle – The work-at-home crowd needs a lot of coffee! I love my Keurig. This bundle includes the K-Elite and 44 pods.
– I bought a Chromebook about two years ago to use while traveling. They are super-lightweight. One thing to know about these is that they use the Chrome operating system. Not Windows. While this is perfectly fine for those simply wanting to work in Drive, Gmail and other Google products, there are a lot of limitations. You can’t download external software, for example. That means it’s a no-go for some work-at-home jobs like customer service that require a specific operating system. You will need a Windows-based desktop or laptop for those. See some other Prime Day deals, including laptops, here
– Getting those steps in can be hard when working from home! I bought my husband the Versa on Black Friday last year. It’s a great fitness tracker, and stylish too!
You will find a lot of great home office deals in the School & College category. If you are looking to replenish your office supplies or create a home office from scratch, spend some time browsing around this vertical. While you will see a lot of bedding, etc., you will also find things like file folders, paper, desks and shelving.