A few of my readers have let me know they have a hard time converting sales with affiliate marketing. Some niches are certainly harder than others. Pay per lead or referral marketing can often convert at a much higher rate in some instances. There is often no cost involved for a reader to sign up, therefore their financial situation is not an issue in the beginning. Many of these programs also offer some type of incentive making it more enticing. Some can even offer you recurring income.
There are numerous sites where you can get paid for referrals. Many of these will not only provide you with a unique referral link to post on your blog or send via email, they are also linked into social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook. This can boost your earning potential greatly, provided you are not spamming your family, friends and followers. It’s also a great opportunity for passive income.
Get Store Credit for Referrals
Daily deal sites are big. You can usually earn a good amount of store credit or cash per referral. This is a great way to shop for yourself and the holidays for free.
- Zulily – $15 store credit for new referrals
- Groupon – $10 in Groupon credit for each referral when they make their first purchase.
- LivingSocial – Get your purchase free when 3 friends purchase through your link
- Totsy – Invite friends and earn $15 in Totsy credit
- ThredUp – This is a site to buy/sell children’s clothing and toys. Refer your friends and you both receive $5 in credit.
- Julep – Get a $15 credit for every friend who joins.
- StitchFix – this is my favorite styling service. Get $25 in credit for referring your friends.
Earn Cash and Gift Cards for Referrals
Note: In many cases you may need to use the service at least once before you will get paid to refer new members. Only join those programs you are truly interested in.
- Google Apps – $15 per referral
- MyPoints – You will earn 10% of your referrals’ points. When they make a purchase of at least $20, you both earn an extra 750 points.
- Ebates – $5+ for each qualified new member (get a free $10 gift card this month when you sign up)
- ibotta – Get $5 for registering and $1 for each per you refer.
- Swagbucks – earn 10% of your referral’s earnings for life (get a $5 bonus when you earn 2500 SB in your first 3 months)
- CapitalOne 360 – Get $20 for every friend you refer, up to $1000
- Discover Card – Both you and your friend receive $50 in cashback when they sign up and make a purchase in their first 30 months
Referral Programs for Bloggers
The below programs may be available only to those with an online presence. If you are not yet blogging, check out my post here.
- Chitika – Intext Advertising. Earn 10% of your referrals’ earnings.
- LinkShare – This network is similar to Commission Junction. $1.50 per referral.
- ShareASale – This network is similar to Commission Junction. $1.00 per referral.
- VigLink – Provides a hands-off affiliate option. Earn 10% of your referrals’ earning during their first year.
- Skimlinks – Similar to VigLink, earn 10-12% of your referrals’ earning for their first year.
- ShopHer Media – Earn 10% on your referrals’ earnings for 10 months
- Escalate Media – 5% of referral’s earnings
- Affiliate Window – Earn $30 for each referred (and accepted) revenue-driving blogger
- Craftsy – $15 for referring a friend who is accepted into the affiliate program
- Gazelle – earn $10 for each friend who’s approved as an affiliate
- WP Engine – refer a blogger get paid $50 for every customer sale they make to WP Engine
- Madison Reed – Invite your website-owning and blogging friends to join Madison Reed’s affiliate program and earn $10 for each friend who’s approved
- Kings Lane – earn $10 per referred blogger
- Warby Parker – earn $10 per referred blogger
- Reebok – $5 affiliate referrals
- ModCloth – $10 affiliate referrals
- Blurb – $10 affiliate referrals
- Stella & Dot – Affiliate Referral Bonus: $10
- Costume Express – $10 Affiliate Referrals
- SponsoredReviews – Earn up to $175 per Advertiser and $90 Per Blogger Referred.
- SponsoredTweets – 5% to 10% of revenue depending on the type of referral
- Offer Juice – earn $2.50 for every new SSI affiliate you refer
Things to Know
The Federal Trade Commission requires all bloggers disclose when you are being compensated for promoting a product or service, that includes when you are sharing a link on social media. Always include the hashtag #ad or #sponsored on social media.
Where to Share My Referral Links
Social Media – Most of those programs that offer a refer-a-friend program make it easy to get the word out with social sharing buttons. You will usually find these on the website page that provides information on the program and your link. Facebook is probably the best choice for sharing, just don’t share too often. You may start losing friends.
Blog Post – If you are a blogger, you have a ready platform for sharing your recommendations naturally. Write up a post telling your readers about the program and why you like it. Share your personal photos of the product if applicable, and don’t forget to include your referral links for registering at the beginning, middle and end of the post.
Email Signature – Every email service from Gmail to Outlook will allow you to create a signature that is automatically added to the end of every email. Sign off with something like, “I get paid to shop online. You can, too! Sign up for your free account here.”