Amazon has announced Prime Day is July 16-17 this year. This year they are promising more than 1 million deals during this 36-hour period. Deals will be available across all categories and verticals. This could be a good opportunity to pick up some things for the home office or for the kids heading back to school.
Here’s what you need to know.
What Is Prime Day?
Prime Day is a once-per-year event available exclusively to Prime members. Amazon offers a 30-day trial for new Prime members (students get 6 months). If you don’t cancel within the 30 days, the cost is $119 per year (discounts are available to EBT and Medicaid card holders) and includes a lot of great benefits:
- Free 2-day shipping. Same-day delivery is now available in certain areas!
- Free release-date delivery on eligible pre-order items.
- Select no-rush shipping to earn rewards on future purchases.
- Stream thousands of titles free on Prime Video. With your Prime membership, you can also rent popular movies for only $1.99. Watch HBO, SHOWTIME OR STARZ for a low additional monthly fee.
- Prime members get exclusive deals and products.
- Prime members get exclusive savings at Whole Foods Market including 5% cash back when using Prime Rewards Visa Card and free 2-hour delivery with Prime Now (where available).
- Access to Amazon Elements, Amazon’s premium line of health and wellness products.
- Try before you buy with the new Prime Wardrobe.
- Get up to 20% off subscriptions to diapers, baby good and more with Amazon Family.
- And more.
What Kind of Deals Can I Expect?
There will be deals available across every category and all Amazon verticals, including Whole Foods Market. A few of the most popular deals of 2017 included:
- Instant Pot Pressure Cookers (all work-at-homers need one of these)
- 23andMe DNA tests
- Echo Dot
- a lot of the TVs, tablets and gadgets sold out
There are also going to be a lot of new product launches. Prime Day Launches are exclusive new items, content and special-edition products available just for Prime members for a limited time. Prime members are the first to shop and enjoy these exciting products with early access Prime Day Launches that span across categories, from Electronics to Home & Kitchen to Toys. Explore products from Brands like Britax, Tarte, The Coleman Company, Vitamix, Rivet, Stone & Beam, Bai and many more.
How Can I Get Ready?
- Become a Prime member!
- Download the free Amazon app.
- Mark your calendar for 3 pm EST July 16. Deals will run through July 17th.
- Now, Amazon keeps the deals pretty secret leading up to the event. However, you can start getting a sneak peek on select deals starting now in the Amazon app. You will also be able to add items you like to your list to get an alert when they go on sale. (You can do this in your app Settings under Notifications. Choose Watchlist or Wish List.)
- On Prime Day, you will be able to get the deals via the Amazon website, Amazon app or Alexa. You can also stop into your local Whole Foods store for specials.
- On Prime Day, Amazon will also be sneak-peeking deals before they start. You will also be able to check specific items for deals. They will display a Prime Day Deal badge.
Don’t forget you can also invite a household member or teen to share your Prime benefits at no charge.
How to Save Even More Money
Amazon recognizes Prime Day is a favorite among savvy shoppers. Therefore, they have provided a few more ways to save.
- Install Amazon Assistant to get notifications of deals you’ve watched on Prime Day. You will also get $5 off your next order of $25 or more! (The site says it can take up to 48 hours for the promotional credit to show up if you are a new Prime member and the offer is only good through July 23. So, get signed up now!)
- Use Camera Search to search for deals on Prime Day to reveal a special $5 discount.
- Shop at Whole Foods Market on Prime Day, use your Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card and receive 10% cash back on your purchase. This offer is good on purchases up to $400 and can be used July 14 through July 17.
- If you haven’t tried Prime Now and it’s available in your area, now’s the best time to sign up because Amazon is running a special Prime Day promotion. First-time customers will get $10 off their first order of Prime Now or Whole Foods Market, and $10 off their second order when they using code “20PRIMEDAY” any time now through 11:59 p.m. on July 17 (when Prime Day ends). The offer is valid on orders of $10.01 or more, and the second $10 discount expires at 11:59 p.m. on July 31.
Can I Shop Now?
While you can only start adding items to your Prime Day Watch List right now, there are still some savings to be had while you wait:
- The Echo is $100 off for those joining Prime before the 16th.
- Get $30 off certified refurbished Fire HD 10.
- Get $30 off certified refurbished Kindle Paperwhite.
- Get $25 off certified refurbished Fire HD 8.
Countdown Deals have already started. Today, for example, you can:
- save up to 50% on kid’s and baby clothes.
- get a 50-inch 4K TV for only $289.99.
- Save up to 30% on Brita pitchers.
- Save $100 on Echo Show.
Get more details here. The benefit of getting an early start on your shopping is you can be more methodical about your purchases and make sure you are getting the best deals.
I’ll be sharing a few of my favorite deals here on TheWorkAtHomeWife.com next Monday and Tuesday. I’ll also have them tagged on my Influencer Page.
More Awesome Deals!
Amazon has also announced a few other awesome deals leading up to Prime Day.
- $0.99 for 3-months of Kindle Unlimited for new subscribers (regularly $29.97)! Ends July 17.
- $30 off your first Amazon Fresh order with code 30FRESH. Ends July 17.
- Parents can get a 3-month pre-paid FreeTime Unlimited plan for $2.99 (regularly $29.99). Ends July 17.
- 4 months of Amazon Music Unlimited for only $0.99 (regularly $7.99 per month for Prime and $9.99 for non-Prime)! Ends July 17.
- Get 66% off a 3-month membership of Audible Gold ($30 savings!) Ends July 17.
- Get $10 off a $40+ order and a free trial when you sign up for Prime Pantry by July 17.