It’s the dream of many to work from home earning six figures per year. Despite what you may be thinking, it’s really not that unusual. There are many women doing just that and without a fancy degree.
There are so many bloggers, ladies just like you, earning six figures blogging. There is no fancy degree in blogging. We are all self-taught. One of my favorite things about blogging is there is no income ceiling here. You don’t necessarily need to work more hours to make more money. You just need to work smarter and get the proper education and tools.
- Framework from Just a Girl and Her Blog – If you are just getting started in blogging, this is an excellent resource. It walks you through everything from setting up a WordPress blog to creating content. It’s also affordable.
- Elite Blogger Academy – This course is for those with established blogs. It’s the crème de la crème when it comes to blogging courses. I took this one in October and have been reaping the rewards ever since. I’ve been able to GREATLY increase my blogs’ traffic and income in a very short period of time. I’ve also made connections with some really great bloggers to help continue that success long into the future. Learn The 7 Ways to Boost Your Income Over Night free.
- Need hosting? SiteGround is a user-friendly, affordable option for beginners. You’ll get webhosting for under $4 per month and you will receive a free domain name for life.
Will blogging last forever? I don’t know. But you can be d*mn sure it won’t be one of those things I look back on in 10 years and think man, I should have gotten in on that.
If you have a background in business management you will be happy to know there are a lot of women earning a great income from home as consultants. Help your clients with things like funding, finances or finding a job. You aren’t performing the actual work. You are simply coming up with the strategy and direction a business needs to take to be successful. Networking and organization are the keys to success. Here are a few consulting arenas that are thriving:
- Career Counseling
Social Media Manager
Social marketing is big business these days. Everyone from big corporations to small bloggers are using social platforms to boost their business and brands. Social media managers are profiting from the need in a big way doing everything from content scheduling to customer service to social media audits.
Andrea Vahl has an awesome Social Media Manager School that can help you learn the ropes of the industry. If you don’t want to wait until the next session opens in April, check out Alexis Grant’s ebook.
Network marketing has been experiencing a steady increase the past two years. This is especially true for the wellness and services industries. In 2013, 16.8% of American households included at least one person in the direct sales industry.
While the median income for direct sellers per a recent survey was $6,200 per year, 15% – that’s 2.4 million U.S. consultants – made $50,000 or more in 2013. Of those, there are thousands upon thousands earning $100,000 or more. What has given direct sales a bad name is that many are lead to believe this is easy money, people will be banging down your door. Wrong.
The number of hours you put into your direct sales business directly relates to your income. 70% of direct sellers spend less than 15 hours per week on their business! Imagine the potential if you put in 30 or 40. Take a look at the 2013 Earnings Disclosure from Young Living. Pay special attention to the increase in income from those that work 5 or less hours per week to even those that put in just 17 hours per week.
And keep in mind, 70% of direct sellers report the majority of their sales come from one-on-one contacts, not parties. Don’t let the public speaking thing deter you.
The direct sales game is changing with online technology. They are finally catching up. Now is a very exciting time to get started in direct sales.
There are also a lot of ladies out there earning some big bucks as virtual assistants. What you need to know here is that most are not doing it alone. The big earners are often running multi-VA firms. You need to start somewhere however!
Bonus Six-Figure Opportunity: Reseller
Jessica over at The Selling Family is one of my favorite success stories. Her and her husband were able to create a six-figure income in their first year as Amazon FBA Sellers. And they work less than 20 hours per week! Grab this free report to learn more about Amazon FBA.
Here’s the bottom line for all of the above opportunities: You’ve got to put in the work. There is no easy money. There is no get rich quick scheme to answer all of your prayers. You will get out what you put in.
You also need to embrace diversification. You likely aren’t going to get to six figures when you are working strictly with an hourly rate and by yourself. You can! Don’t get me wrong. With a 40-hour workweek you need to earn just $48 per hour. 😉 Whether that’s possible or not will highly dependent on your skillset. Most of the above remote work from home jobs offer the opportunity to diversify in a number of ways; affiliate marketing, building a downline, creating and selling your own products, teaching others, etc.
New to The Work at Home Wife?
Working at home successfully is all about maximizing your online time for profits. If you are new to my site, I highly recommend the below opportunities and resources.
- Ebates – I love, love, love Ebates. It’s not unusual for me to earn $300 to $1,000 per month in cash back bonuses and referring my friends. And, the program is free! They will even give you a $10 gift card just for signing up (and so will you).
- Swagbucks – This program has come a long way from its earn-for-search beginning. Today you can earn SB for completing surveys, watching videos and more. Redeem your SB (aka Swagbucks) for cash or gift cards. (Members redeem approximately 7,000 gift cards per day!) Get a $5 signup bonus when you earn 2500 SB in your first 3 months.
- Ibotta - This nifty little app can help you earn money doing something you have to do anyway - grocery shopping. It's kind of like coupons, but instead of money off at the counter, you get cash back on select items each week. You can take your rebate by PayPal in cash or use it to purchase gift cards at great merchants like Amazon. They also have an amazing referral program. Get $10 for every two friends you refer! If you sign up through my referral link, you will get another $10 bonus when you redeem your first rebate.
- Start a Blog – Blogging is what pays my bills these days. It’s not too difficult to start a blog on the side and it’s not expensive either. Learn how you can get your first month of hosting for only a penny in the above link. Already have a blog? Learn 7 Surefire Ways to Increase Your Income here.
- FlexJobs – This is my go-to job board for high-quality job leads. The listings are always researched and always telecommute. No scams!