Many of my readers haven’t had much experience or luck with creating a passive income business. There is some skill involved, which comes as a surprise to many. Much of what you read online may have you believing otherwise. Affiliate marketing isn’t rocket science however, and there is no better time to learn than during the holiday shopping season.
What Is The Passive Income Business Challenge: Holiday Affiliate Marketing Edition?
From now until Christmas I challenge you to create one potential passive revenue source each week. We won’t be building new websites. Instead, you are going to learn how to make money with Squidoo.
No Commitment – There are some topics in which we have a fleeting interest. If I want to write a Microsoft Surface tablet review, I am not starting a new blog for that. If your interests are in one particular product category, by all means buy a domain. If you enjoy the one-off review, Squidoo is the place for it.
No Cost – There is no cost to put content on Squidoo. In fact, they pay you 50% of any sales generated as a result of your Lens. You also have the opportunity to earn from their ad pool which consists of in-text and banner ads across the site.
Buying Atmosphere – The Squidoo setup makes it shopper-friendly. Readers can see product photos, prices and more. They have also recently introduced their Celebrate vertical which will feature only gift guides. This online magazine has its own social networks giving your shopping Lenses better exposure.
Money-Making Opportunities – There are numerous ways to make money with Squidoo; Amazon, ebay, Zazzle, Allposters, ad pool, personal affiliate links and more.
There are about nine weeks until Christmas. Your Passive Income Business Challenge will be to complete eight Lenses in the next two months. This week I just want you to familiarize yourself with Squidoo and get yourself ready.
Things to Do This Week:
1. Create a Squidoo Account and fill out your profile completely. You will have the opportunity to upload a photo (please do), include links to your personal websites and social networks, add your PayPal account so that you can get paid and decide if you would like in-text ads included in your Lenses or not. (These are similar to Infolinks and can provide additional revenue.)
2. Browse the Celebrate vertical. This is where we will be categorizing our Lenses for this challenge. To learn affiliate marketing you need to focus on products people are looking to buy and the less competition the better. This is why we are doing this during the holidays. Shoppers are going to be searching daily for this season’s hottest gifts. It is going to be far easier for you to make these sales than to create Lenses around already saturated niches. Look at the gift guide categories and start brainstorming ideas. (Bonus Tip: Start paying attention to commercials and advertisements for hot products to create Lenses about.)
3. Subscribe to this site. I will be checking in weekly with more tips. You don’t want to miss any!
4. Like my Facebook Page. After each week’s post you will have the opportunity to drop the link to your latest Lens. I am happy to give you a SquidLike for your participation.
Let me know that you are participating! You can leave a comment here or on my Facebook Page. If you are an experienced Lensmaster and have tips to share, contact me. I would love to feature your expertise on my blog!
You can find all of the articles in this series at this link.
Latest posts by Angie Nelson (see all)
- LinkShare Review - June 18, 2013
- Using Twitter For Marketing? Don’t Miss This - June 16, 2013
- How I Doubled My Blog’s Email Subscribers in 45 Days - June 13, 2013