Stay at home moms are always looking for some easy or at least adaptable ways to make extra money at home. Unfortunately, many of those jobs are selling items they just don’t believe in. If sales are not your thing, this list of jobs that aren’t sales will be perfect for you as stay at home moms.
Many stay at home moms have time on their hands, and one great way to earn some extra money is to get into the field of graphic design. There are many online virtual assistant sites and freelance sites that allow you to showcase your work for sale. Graphic design does take some talent, but it mostly an education in how to manipulate programs like Photoshop to create the image you desire. With so many free resources and tutorials out there, you can easily become a self-taught graphic designer. There is some investment for this, but the bulk of your investment is your time.
Ways to make money doing graphic design:
- Design logos, headers and avatars for businesses and websites.
- Design business cards, letterhead or stationary for businesses or websites.
- Design eBook covers
- Design website graphics
- Design printable pages for bloggers and website owners to distribute to their clients.
A virtual assistant is someone who helps another individual complete tasks online or from a remote location. Virtual assistants do everything from handle email correspondence to scheduling appointments or even editing photographs for use online. There are a number of ways a virtual assistant can help a business, individual or website.
Ways to make money as a virtual assistant:
- Email correspondence
- Editing and proofreading articles
- Scheduling appointments
- Recipe and craft creation for bloggers
- Freelance writing for brands, companies and bloggers
This obvious job for stay at home moms is a great way to make money without selling a product. Blogging is something that works great for many moms since there isn’t a set amount of time you have to spend each day working his job. It can fit around schedules and kids naps without being a burden.
To start a successful money making blog, you have to provide something readers are looking for. Popular niches for blogs are often related to food, crafts, organization, self-help, and parenting. There are also a lot of amazing technical, fashion, and even entertainment blogs that are great ways to make money as stay at home moms.
Making money blogging requires a base of readers and page views each month so you can earn from ads, sponsors and various affiliate marketing opportunities. It doesn’t require selling anything as much as attracting people to your site by providing high quality needed content. There are social media sites to consider using and of course many methods of gaining readers that you will learn, but you still won’t be knocking on doors or part of an MLM program trying to sell something you don’t believe in.
While this is not as popular now as it was 20 years ago, there is still a great need for transcription assistance. The difference is that most companies require more training and expertise prior to hiring. Some up front training costs may be applicable through places like US Career Institute, Penn Foster or even University of Phoenix. However, most of those programs also offer help with job placement once training has been completed. Transcription does require quiet time and concentration, but can be a great job for stay at home moms to do around their kids schedules.
For many years, stay at home moms have taken in other kids during the day to help make money and help out other moms in need. This is one of the best stay at home mom jobs you can have since you are already doing many of the same things with your own children each day. However, you need to make sure you check into local and state guidelines regarding in-home childcare situations. Many states require home inspections and special license if there are more than 2-3 children being cared for. This may be something you aren’t ready for, so you might want to limit the number of kids you start out with.
As stay at home moms juggle kids, bills and family life it is important not only for them to continue to feel valuable as an individual outside of being a mom, but also as a contributor to their household. To pay off debt, create a fun savings program, or simply make sure that staying at home is affordable these remote work from home jobs for stay at home moms fit into schedules and make a huge difference in the financial bottom line.
New to The Work at Home Wife?
Working at home successfully is all about maximizing your online time for profits. If you are new to my site, I highly recommend the below opportunities and resources.
- Ebates – I love, love, love Ebates. It’s not unusual for me to earn $300 to $1,000 per month in cash back bonuses and referring my friends. And, the program is free! They will even give you a $10 gift card just for signing up (and so will you).
- Swagbucks – This program has come a long way from its earn-for-search beginning. Today you can earn SB for completing surveys, watching videos and more. Redeem your SB (aka Swagbucks) for cash or gift cards. (Members redeem approximately 7,000 gift cards per day!) Get a $5 signup bonus when you earn 2500 SB in your first 3 months.
- Ibotta - This nifty little app can help you earn money doing something you have to do anyway - grocery shopping. It's kind of like coupons, but instead of money off at the counter, you get cash back on select items each week. You can take your rebate by PayPal in cash or use it to purchase gift cards at great merchants like Amazon. They also have an amazing referral program. Get $10 for every two friends you refer! If you sign up through my referral link, you will get another $10 bonus when you redeem your first rebate.
- Start a Blog – Blogging is what pays my bills these days. It’s not too difficult to start a blog on the side and it’s not expensive either. Learn how you can get your first month of hosting for only a penny in the above link. Already have a blog? Learn 7 Surefire Ways to Increase Your Income here.
- FlexJobs – This is my go-to job board for high-quality job leads. The listings are always researched and always telecommute. No scams!