Yesterday, we talked about not being ready to make money blogging. If you are feeling ready, you need the right tools for the job. One of those necessities is the best keyword research tool for your money.
Jaaxy is a keyword research tool that I came across some time back. One of my readers had blogged about it and I was intrigued. I signed up through her link, but I apparently got sidetracked. When I saw it referenced again, I made time to sit down with it.
I have never been fully committed to any one keyword research tool. I have used several and there are things I like and dislike about each. Jaaxy takes things one step further. Not only can you perform keyword and competition research, the program will also locate affiliate programs related to those keywords and help you easily uncover lucrative niches.
When it comes to Keyword Research, there are quite a few pieces of valuable information that Jaaxy will return:
- Monthly Search Volume
- Estimated Traffic for 1st Page Ranking (this number is never the same as search volume)
- Quoted Search Results (QSR) – This is the number of direct competitors for a search term. (I remember doing this the manual way. Clicking a little button is by far preferable.)
- Keyword Quality Indicator (KQI) – This will color-code your keywords green, yellow or red based on factors such as ranking potential, traffic and competition. Green means Go. 😉
- View the Top 10 SERPs for Google, Bing and Yahoo
- Your Site Rank
- Affiliate Program Research – This will search Commission Junction, Link Share, Zanox, Digital River and Clickbank for programs related to your keywords. This is an awesome resource for new websites or new affiliates!
- Create keyword lists and see your estimated traffic if you receive a Page 1 ranking for them all. Export as a CSV or TXT file.
- Create To Do Lists with your chosen keywords.
- Training Videos walk you through each step.
- A Brainstorm Tab will allow you to browse and research popular and trending search terms, Amazon Best Sellers and Twitter Trends.
- Domain Locator
- 1,000 High Traffic, Low Competition Keywords
- Niche Research Success Handbook
- Domain Industry Secrets – domain flipping is not something that I am interested in, but I know some people enjoy it.
This is a web-based program. I have several keyword research tools downloaded on my computer. I barely use them because they are so incredibly slow. I am constantly short on time. I do not have time to wait. Results are instantaneous with Jaaxy.
Every aspect of niche research is covered. From keywords to affiliate programs to how many words are in your strongest competitor’s post, this tool covers it all.
The unlimited plan is a monthly subscription. That being said, the cost is inline with most memberships of this type. You also get your first 30 searches free and you can acquire more with referrals.
I want to say that you have to sign up through Facebook to get the free trial, though it has been quite some time since I registered. Apparently this is to prevent people from gaming the free trial system. However, whenever I am asked to authorize an app, I simply set the “Who Sees Notifications” box to Only Me to prevent any notifications from posting publicly.
Jaaxy Review Verdict
No keyword research tool is perfect. And different programs look at different things. Jaaxy primarily focuses on search volume and number of competitors. Those are my personal preferences, so this one I like. If you focus on other variables, you may not care for this one.
I like this research tool and will upgrade when my free searches are done. I can see this not only being useful for my smaller websites but also for my Squidoo Lenses. And it will certainly save time over the tools and systems I currently use. Time is money!