It happens to the best of us. You absolutely love a product. You can’t wait to promote it on your website or blog. You dig and dig for their affiliate program. You apply…DECLINED! But, I need that! Don’t they know how much I love that product? Don’t they know my readers will love it, too?
Your previous options included:
- Going back and forth with the merchant begging for acceptance, which won’t likely happen unless you have Super Affiliate status. Most of us don’t at this point.
- Promoting it anyway without the link and reapplying at 3 month intervals until your traffic or domain age is to their standards. Then, going back and plugging in your links.
Enter VigLink. Here’s the skinny:
VigLink is what we will consider a Super Affiliate for this post. You can sign up for their program for free. This allows you to work in essence as a Sub-Affiliate under their established affiliation with 12,500 merchants. Rather than paying an upfront or monthly fee, they get 25% of any commissions you generate. For me, this is a no-brainer. My options are earn $0, earn $0.25 or earn $18.75 on that program that I can’t get into. Which one would you choose?
Why We Like This:
1. I know some of you haven’t gotten into monetization of your blogs because you don’t have the time to go digging through numerous affiliate networks or searching out individual programs. You no longer have to. If you are signed up for VigLink, they already have those relationships established. All you have to do is insert the code once on your blog and then link to the merchant as you would anyway. No special link necessary. If it sees you linking to iPage when someone clicks that it will send them through their affiliate link.
2. I hate tracking down money. I’m only using a few networks at this time due to that. There are thousands of programs out there. If you promote only one product from each and each has a $25 payment threshold, you may be waiting for awhile. Not a problem any longer. If you are going through VigLink, you only need to meet their $25 threshold no matter how many individual networks that is spread across.
3. It doesn’t mess with your current affiliate status. There are certain programs that are big earners for me and I promote often. I don’t want to give up my 25% on those. I don’t have to. If it sees a link is already affiliated, it skips it. Yay!
4. You want to promote something TODAY. If you apply to programs often, you know the deal. You dig and dig finding the program. You apply. Sometimes you wait for days, weeks or months to find out if you are approved. Get that post published today. If you want to go apply to the program also, do that. Then go update your post later if you are approved. You can still make money in the interim.
5. No messy links. This is clean and seamless to your readers. You don’t even need to setup redirects for a pretty link. Readers see www.ipage.com when they hover the link. Nothing changes unless there is an established affiliate relationship with VigLink and someone clicks that link. It takes care of the affiliation during those few seconds of loading the page.
6. You can link to a specific product. Most affiliate programs provide you with a link to their homepage or checkout. Rarely do they provide individual links to the thousands of products they carry. If you are blogging about your favorite day planner from such-and-such, you can link straight to the page. The link gets affiliated, regardless.
7. Automatic Link Insertion – This is an optional feature, but you can opt to have VigLink locate and automatically linkup affiliate opportunities. This makes the entire process hands-off. The program will insert links for applicable brand names, products, etc.
Things to Note:
1. When you register, use your PayPal email address. They pay via PayPal at that $25 threshold. Get signed up correctly straight out of the gate.
2. You still have to apply for approval to use their eBay affiliation. Such is life. We can’t win them all.
I love this thing! Can’t ya tell? I haven’t written a post this long in quite a while. I can earn from those guys that won’t let me in. I can earn even though sometimes I’m too lazy to go grab a link, especially with those products that I know are going to be a one-off promotion. If you are still struggling to earn from your blog due to time or traffic constraints, get signed up for VigLink. You’ll be glad you did. Heck! I’ll be glad you did. Some of you have big money earners right under your fingertips just waiting for a link. I want to see you make money with them. You deserve it.
Skimlinks is a program very similar to VigLink that I also use. You can read more about it here.
This post contains referral links. Any recommendations or opinions are based on my experiences and research.