If you are a long-time online business owner or blogger, there is a good chance you have a bit of content over at EzineArticles. At one time it was a great place for targeted traffic. The past two years, not so much. You may have a lot of content on the site that is no longer working for you. You already invested a lot of time into that content creation. How do you get those articles generating traffic/an income again?
This post came to fruition because I read an email this morning suggesting that you sell your EzineArticles as PLR. As a PLR seller, I think this is a really bad idea.
- Many PLR buyers head straight to the article directories after purchasing in hopes of being the first person to get that content on the site. They are excited. They are racing to EzineArticles. They not only see the content is there, but it was published by the same person they just bought the articles from. If you do not disclose you are selling content you previously and personally published, you may have some buyers a little hot under the collar. Your customers do not want your leftovers.
- On the other end of the scale, let’s say you do disclose you are selling previously published articles. There are a lot of unscrupulous people out there. Inevitably a few are going to think, “She’s selling it anyway. She will never know if I just go copy those same articles from EzineArticles and scrape her name and links off the bottom. Then, I don’t have to pay for it.”
Let’s just eliminate these possible scenarios and find a few other options that won’t leave you with a mess on your hands.
1. Create a free report to give to email subscribers or your readers. Since you are publishing them off of EzineArticles, you are free to include your affiliate links to product or service recommendations making them a possible income generator.
2. Create a free report and upload it to document sharing sites like scribd.com and slideshare.net.
3. Use your EzineArticles as a starting point and turn them into an eBook you can sell on Kindle and e-junkie.
4. Turn the content into videos you can upload to YouTube. YouTube now allows you to monetize your channel with AdSense. This makes it a great secondary income source.
5. Share snippets of value from your articles on Twitter and Facebook.
6. Let your network know that you have articles available that may be of interest to their audiences. That is the reason you wrote those articles in the first place – because they are easy to share and include a link back to your site. Many bloggers still use content from article directories to backfill their blogs. What better people to share your content than your own readers? (Need a little filler for your blogging or home business blog? Check out my EzineArticles. Please familiarize yourself with the rules if you are new to republishing EZA content.)
Have you repurposed your EzineArticles content? Please share with us how in the comments.