I have mentioned it before, I am a sucker for a good WordPress plugin. They make blogging life so much simpler. They can add amazing features and interactive capabilities to your blog. Over the last few weeks I have come across a couple more must have WordPress plugins.
1. HTML code: Pretty Link Lite
- If you include affiliate links in your blog, after awhile you have them here, there, everywhere. They are in your ebooks, reports, blog posts. What happens when an affiliate program goes dead? What if your link changes? Are you going to know everywhere that you have that link? How long will it take you to update in those places?
I have looked around for quite some time to find a plugin that would make the nice www.yourblog.com/recommendsthisthing. I have found them, but most are paid plugins. I’m a cheapskate. I knew there had to be a free one out there. Redirection is a free one.
You tell it what pretty name you want it to display. You use that link instead of the messy, mile-long affiliate link. It tells you how many people click it and if it should go dead. Then, you only need to update it to the new link and it is all taken care of for you. Amazing!
Another plus, if someone asks for a recommendation you can ramble this off (or type it, tweet it, etc) off the top of your head. You don’t have to go looking it up, copying and pasting, etc.
2. Facebook Like Button – I have said time and time again how important it is that your readers are able to share your posts with the click of a button. If they have to copy and paste, go somewhere else, do this-that-and-the-other, they probably won’t. As readers, we want to be able to click one button and have everything taken care of for us.
This plugin adds the little “thumbs up” button to your blog posts and your readers can start clicking away.
Those are my two favorites for today. Do you have a must have plugin I need to get? Feel free to share!
Latest posts by Angie Nelson (see all)
- LinkShare Review - June 18, 2013
- Using Twitter For Marketing? Don’t Miss This - June 16, 2013
- How I Doubled My Blog’s Email Subscribers in 45 Days - June 13, 2013